This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pike, pike pulse and hurdeler review request

Started by Michael Vetter, December 14, 2017 · 4 Replies · 96 Views

Michael Vetter

Hi folks,

I would like to get your opinion on some of the exercises:

Pike and Pulse: https://youtu.be/3_s064FZEzg

Hurdeler: https://youtu.be/08dyHs-qeQo

 

What can I do better? Which area exactly is prohibiting me from reaching further?

Usually I do the standing pike at the beginning of the workout with help of my hands to pull myself deeper into the stretch.

At the end I try to do it without my hands to actively gain that range. Good?

Alessandro Mainente

HI MIchael , every type of compression when you want to reach closer to the feet it is hamstring dominant, especially the long head of bicep femoris, you need to push your hips out and try to extend completely the spine.

Michael Vetter

Hi Alessandro!

Pushing the hips out = APT?

Étienne Lajeunesse
5 hours ago, Michael Vetter said:

Hi Alessandro!

Pushing the hips out = APT?

Hi Michael, yes, the APT is your friend for flat back here :)

Michael Vetter

Thanks, I will try to concentrate on that!