This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE11 Negative Vertical Body Lever

Started by Jin Liu, December 13, 2017 · 6 Replies · 90 Views

Jin Liu

Just started doing these. How to improve these?

You probably cannot see it very clearly in the video. In the first rep of the video below, my elbows are completely locked out. But then I couldn't slow down the 2nd half of the descent. The next couple reps I had my elbows a little bent. Is this ok, or should I absolutely lock out the elbows throughout?

thanks!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Jin I cannot see the video.

Kai Ewert

You'll have to mute the music in the background for us to see the video...

 

Jin Liu

Thx guys. Here’s a new video:

 

Kai Ewert

My guess is  that you want your arms straight throughout. FL is done (or rather, should be done... lots of "fake FLs" out there) with completely straight arms, and this is getting close to the SEs...

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work here.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald
On 12/13/2017 at 5:27 PM, Kai Ewert said:

My guess is  that you want your arms straight throughout. FL is done (or rather, should be done... lots of "fake FLs" out there) with completely straight arms, and this is getting close to the SEs...

Adding to the above... Flexing your triceps is needed for everything FL/PE12 and above. FL/PE11 can be perceived as an easier variation of FL/PE15 or FL/SE10.