Honestly I have not much clue about gymnastics.
Always wanted to start it as a kid, but there was nothing in the area where I lived.
So now years later I can get a strong healthy body thanks to GymnasticBodies.
Yesterday at the place where I train, and I did pHS PE1 iM. And after I finished a girl walked and did the same. At first I thought she might have seen me doing it, but then she continued with some later progressions.
Turns out she was american, doing gymnastics in her local club back home.
It got me thinking how much a regular gymnastic class differs from the training here. Clearly the goal and starting conditions are different. And I suppose there is a lot more skill work and movements learning involved. Where as we concentrate on the mobility and strength, full range of motion etc.
But I am curious: in gymnastics kids classes, do you spend a lot of time conditioning? Do they start with movements right away? Certainly kids are more flexible but probably they still do some mobility work in that classes?
Just looking for some insides or stories ![]()