This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE2 Form check!

Started by Bronwyn Higgins, December 13, 2017 · 12 Replies · 180 Views

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Bronwyn Higgins,

As you squat down make sure that you don't bend your torso forward. For the mobility, try to square your hips meaning don't tilt sideways as you lift your hip up. I hope this helps.

Bronwyn Higgins

Thank you Leo! Your input definitely helps. Do you suggest that I keep working on this for a few weeks (or however long!) until I can keep upright? Take the reps down to focus on form? 

Pauline Taube

Hi Bronwyn,

I do recommend to stay on these to work on your form. Feel free to take the reps down if needed to focus on the form :) 

Bronwyn Higgins

okay! thanks @Pauline Taube! 

Bronwyn Higgins

 

Is this any better? Been working on them for several weeks now. 

Bronwyn Higgins

from looking at the older video at the top and this one, and comparing angles, it looks like it is more upright, but still not sure how upright i need to be to achieve mastery. 

Keilani Gutierrez

i say, activate your core and hinge at the hip and legs. it’ll probably make you more upright and definitely give you more balance. try it and tell me what you think! :) 

Bronwyn Higgins

@Keilani Gutierrez, I tried just thinking “activate core and hinge” like you said, but wasn’t making any difference. Then I tried staying as upright as possible until I tap the ball, and that seems to help. What do you think? 

Thanks! 

Keilani Gutierrez

good work :) 

i looked at the last video as well and noticed something about your ankle. you lose a bit of balance when you get to a certain point and then played around with weight distribution definitely from a tight ankle. the squat will get a lot easier as we develop mobility in the hip and ankle joint. great stuff thus far! keep it up!

Mikey Cunanan

@Bronwyn Higgins for this stage in your GST development, the form you are showing in your last video is exactly where it needs to be.

The focus is to develop a “fundamental” understanding of the Squat. You can (and should) work to refine it as you progress through your training.

For example, Ive been working out for years and still feel that I am learning things about the squat. 

True mastery is a process that spans over many years. 

Bronwyn Higgins

Hey guys, moved on from the parallel squats, but the full squats are a little messy. Should i go back, or just do less reps? Thanks!

Bronwyn Higgins

And the iM for the full squats: