This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Another HS/PE1-iM Form Check

Started by Ron Roitman, December 12, 2017 · 7 Replies · 138 Views

Ron Roitman

Hey everyone,

Recently I raised the weight to 2.5kg/5lbs. I think the width I used with that weight isn't good enough for mastery, is it? Overall, how's my form (with 1.25kg/2.5lbs)? Does it meet all mastery standards?
Side View 2.5kg HS/PE1-iM
Back View 2.5kg

Side View - Shoulder Width w/1.25kg
Back View - Shoulder Width w/1.25kg
Any advice would be appreciated! 
Cheers,
Ron :)

@Alessandro Mainente @Leo Trinidad @Everett Carroll @Jeffrey Bittner @Mikey Cunanan 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ron Roitman,

Looks good to me. 5 lbs is enough. As your overall strength increases in both Foundations and Handstand One & Two along with your shoulder mobility with the Thoracic Bridge Stretch Course, you will be surprised on how heavy you will be able to use even without actually directly increasing the weight of it. I hope this helps. Keep up the good work.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Ron, if you look carefully the back view you can easily see that your arms are beginning the dislocates. you need to avoid that and focus only on flexion.

Ron Roitman
On 12/13/2017 at 6:39 PM, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Ron Roitman,

Looks good to me. 5 lbs is enough. As your overall strength increases in both Foundations and Handstand One & Two along with your shoulder mobility with the Thoracic Bridge Stretch Course, you will be surprised on how heavy you will be able to use even without actually directly increasing the weight of it. I hope this helps. Keep up the good work.

Appreciate it a lot Leo!! :)

On 12/13/2017 at 10:49 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Ron, if you look carefully the back view you can easily see that your arms are beginning the dislocates. you need to avoid that and focus only on flexion.

Alex, I see what you mean - I need pure shoulder flexion. Does that mean I need to focus more on external rotation of the shoulder? That's kind of what I was trying to do, but the shoulders still internally rotated.
Also, I really want to start working already on my active shoulder extension. May I still move on to HS/PE2 or should I stay?

Thanks @Leo Trinidad @Alessandro Mainente :) 

Alessandro Mainente

Simply reduce the hand's distance, and if it is already narrow MOVE ON into PE 2.

Ron Roitman

Hi @Alessandro Mainente  

You pointed out that my arms began the dislocate in the previous posts, so I went a few steps back. I tried my best to fix it. 
Would you say the form is better now? (In the 2nd video I used less width than the 1st) 

Thanks a lot :)
Ron

 

Alessandro Mainente

Very very nice.

Ron Roitman
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Very very nice.

Thank you for the feedback Alex!
Then I shall proceed to HS/PE2. :)
I'll keep 1 set of iM1 for warm up and another 1-4 sets as an extra practice after PE2+iM.