This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake Shoulder - Pelvic Tilt Help

Started by Alex Straus, December 12, 2017 · 2 Replies · 109 Views

Alex Straus

I just signed up for the 'Stretching Series' as I badly need a dedicated stretching program. Today I completed the 'Middle Split' workout but failed horribly during the Pancake Shoulder stretch. I cannot even come close to getting the (I believe it's called) anterior pelvic tilt. I tried two blocks, and still not even close. My back is hunched forward ever so slightly. 

Are there any modifications I can make for someone who has such poor mobility in this position? I cannot even come close to completing the Pancake Shoulder stretch.

Everett Carroll

Hey Alex,

In many cases, sitting on a stool or chair is the necessary starting point. Essentially, we'll have you elevate your hips as much as high as you need to in order to achieve APT. Once you have a straight back, you can use a strap on your foot to help you better achieve the side bend portion of this stretch. 

A video or photos of your form will be really helpful for us. We will be able to help you get into a proper, productive position after we get eyes on your current level of flexibility but the tips above should help you until then. 

Alex Straus

@Everett Carroll

Thanks Everett. I will go ahead and film it later this week and post it up. I can sit in a chair with proper APT, but the second I get on the floor it disappears. It's something I've always struggled with and never made any progress with (never really tired to!) so looking forward to it.