This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE4 Single Arm Plank question

Started by Jennifer Marie, December 12, 2017 · 2 Replies · 83 Views

Jennifer Marie

I had an epiphany last night and wanted to make sure what suddenly seemed obvious is also correct.

During Single Arm Plank, I shifted weight into the supporting hand/shoulder slowly as I would when preparing to do a shoulder tap in handstand. I don't think the technique video mentions any specific intent to shift weight, but it made my single-arm plank so much more solid and with little to no tipping of the torso (that I felt... still need to do a video to double check).

So my question is, should I be shifting like that, or can I, as long as my torso remains level and the shoulder protracted?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Alessandro Mainente

Hi JEnnifer, the primary goal here it is to fix shoulder imbalances and improve straight arm strength work. You can shift the weight but still have the shoulders at the same height. generally speaking, the necessity to shift the weight appears when the hand it is not centered under the sternum.

Jennifer Marie

Makes sense. Thanks Alessandro!