This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progress! (Standing single leg pike)

Started by Jennifer Marie, December 11, 2017 · 3 Replies · 125 Views

Jennifer Marie

IMG_1659.thumb.JPG.7066360d6233feff3703c38942ea9b17.JPG

 

IMG_1658.thumb.JPG.92cee6029c761eee095bbcf050518e92.JPG

 

My my first attempt with the supporting heel all the way to the wall!! 

My paparazzi snapped a little quickly on the second shot - I wasn't settled into position yet - but I wanted to share anyway because my first attempt with this stretch, seven months ago, it felt darn near impossible! My shoulders held the bulk of my weight, my foot was six inches or more from the wall, and I had to use stretch blocks to keep my balance. I skipped it or shortened this stretch once or twice (or more) because it was such a miserable position.

Last night, I wasn't miserable at all!!

There is hope! I'm stuck at a desk all day and my passion is weightlifting. I'm tight everywhere! But, I made progress. If you stay consistent, you will do it too.

Jin Liu

Good job!!

kitty desperately wants to end that timer for you :P

Jennifer Marie

Yes indeed. He's changed the screen and stopped the timer on me multiple times. He won't play the cat-specific games on the tablet, but loves my apps!

Everett Carroll

Awesome work Jennifer! This is a great breakthrough for sure. Keep at it!