Pain in knees after SLS/Pistols

Started by Charles Weill, March 27, 2010 · 3 Replies · 5,823 Views

Charles Weill

I've started to experience a slight burning sensation in my knee over the patella after doing SLS. It is not painful, but it doesn't feel good either. I usually do SLS on Mondays and Friday for 3 sets of 3 reps 2s down 1s hold and 1s up. I usually do 15-20 hindu squats as a warm-up and am very cautious about exercises that I do on my knees (I always use padding).

What do you guys recommend?

Amebix138

Id ditch the hindu squats for just regular heels on the floor squats. Hindu squats make me knees hurt and I can train SLS fine, without pain. Also it might help to keep your heels on the floor by curling your toes upwards so that you drive more through the heels. More glute and hamstring activation. It will probably make the movement harder though, it does for me.

Charles Weill

Good idea. I will try the to lift my toes on Monday. Cheers.

Blairbob

Take out the Hindu squats and see if that helps any. They require a lot of knee flexion. SLS due as well. Personally, I don't have a problem with either and have been doing them so long I can't honestly tell except that regular squats require more ankle flexion than Hindu squats.

We generally WU with holding the bottom of the SLS in the WU besides controlled descents (5-10).