After finishing the front-split series in particular, the following day my hamstrings usually feel tender. They do not feel sore, but I have decided against running the following day out of fear of injury.
Have I overstretched?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Hugh Muir, December 4, 2017 · 4 Replies · 199 Views
After finishing the front-split series in particular, the following day my hamstrings usually feel tender. They do not feel sore, but I have decided against running the following day out of fear of injury.
Have I overstretched?
Hey Hugh it is normal to feel your sensation: it happens also to me! let your brain the time to adapt!
When I first started stretch courses, my legs would shake for hours immediately after the session, then be sore for the next couple days. Now a few months went by these sensations start to fade away. Yesterday for the first time I did front split and middle split back to back. My hips and hammies are happily sore today
. Am I overstretching? I think I'm ok since it's not disabling me or my workout, and I don't do deep stretch more than 1x per week, nor right before my leg days. I haven't seen any adverse effect. My squat mobility has improved a lot tho, in addition to general knowledge on mobility and self-awareness
I get sore in my left upper hamstring pretty much always ( I have some imbalances in that left hip that I am trying to get rid of). What I do in the morning, before I get up, I just stretch them very gently in bed… maybe 5 minutes… pulling my leg here and there and everywhere. Then I am ready to go and work and train like any other day :-)
On 12/4/2017 at 7:32 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:Hey Hugh it is normal to feel your sensation: it happens also to me! let your brain the time to adapt!
Thank you, Alessandro.