This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Daily eating and troubleshooting

Started by Neil Strickland, December 4, 2017 · 1 Replies · 107 Views

Neil Strickland

I finished thrive! (Well, a while ago...) I am continuing this and waiting for part two to come. In the mean time I wanted to get any feedback and tweaking needed on my current daily eating.

 

First, I came from to this after roughly 6 months of ketosis. I wasn’t getting the results I wanted so instead of saying GST doesn’t work, I said let me do it the way the recommend. Hence the change. 

daily eating:

Breakfast: 1/3rd pound grass fed beef, spoon of ghee, and butter & MCT oil coffee and collagen till lunch.

GST training at lunch time. Train on an empty stomach after trying to eat before hand and feeling sick or lethargic.

lunch: spinach (two fists), and the shake: 4 eggs, 20 grams whey protein, two fingers or less of coconut cream, a sweet potato (2 hand fulls-ish).

dinner: steamed vegetable (broccoli, beets, spinach, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, etc. that I rotate), sweet potato (1-2 handfuls), and 1/3rd pound grass-fed beef.

So, I am not as lean (as expected), and I am improving a bit, but I am definitely hitting a carb crash after lunch. Any thoughts?

Jeff Serven

Neil, good job! From what Ive read you are a pretty logical dude. 

I think you need a lot more carbs with lunch, start today by throwing two bananas in the mix. Probably more than you need but lets make the first move here an over correction so we instantly know if we are going in the right direction. 

Ive done quite a bit with Keto myself and would be interested to hear what exactly made you change to this. For me Keto has a ton of initial impact with little to no long term(>3 months) results.