Hi when on foundation 2 where it says “test mastery” am I supposed to get ever exercise assessed before clicking I’ve performed all reps? Thus moving on to the next step.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Foundation 2 single leg squat
Started by Stephen Mcgoldrick, December 3, 2017 · 6 Replies · 204 Views
Hi Stephen,
first step in F2 is testing for mastery. After you’ve logged your sets and reps you will be placed at the correct step. This is to ensure that you are not staying too long on progressions when you are able to perform mastery
Hi Pauline I can pretty much perform all reps stated and am getting moved on each workout is this ok? Do I need to get form checked? As like everyone I suppose, I think my form is good.
From the course material: How Mastery Works (Updated)
QuoteThe Mastery System
GymnasticBodies has a system of standards called mastery for how to program an exercise and when to know when it's appropriate to move to a harder progression. Each standard of mastery has been broken into smaller pieces of programming called "steps." So for example if you cannot do Step 9 (Mastery), you would start on whichever previous step in the programming best reflects your ability. The workout scheduler has an option to figure this out automatically. By choosing "Test Mastery" you will get a placement test. If you pass (make sure to log your workout) it will give a harder progression test; if you fail it will automatically assign the best step for you to work on.
In traditional workout plans, programming is meant to be done in order of weeks (1,2,3, etc) regardless of how the student performs on her or his workouts. GymnasticBodies is different in that the most important factor is being able to perform the required number of sets and reps/seconds for each step. It does not matter whether it takes one or several weeks to master a step, you cannot move to the next step until the previous has been completed.
Notice that the mastery standard is Step 9.
Note: Unless you are testing mastery, you may only do at most one step per week
Once you have reached Foundation Two in at least three elements, a deload will be added every 4th week and is 50% of whatever step you are currently on. Three steps and a deload week is called a programming "block." Each mastery chart has an example of a deload for the last week in the block. For example block 1 shows a deload example for Step 3. The workout scheduler will handle this automatically, but if you are tracking workouts on your own just do half of the sets or reps from your current step.
Example: If you are on Step 2 (5x12s) and need to deload you would do 5x6s.
If you are struggling with a step, it is perfectly acceptable to reduce the programming load until you can master that step. For example, if 3x12s isn't achievable it is perfectly fine to do 3x10s as a micro step. In this example, however, 3x10s should be your personal best and not just what's comfortable. Comfortable does not produce results and will result in stalled progress.
13 hours ago, Stephen Mcgoldrick said:Hi Pauline I can pretty much perform all reps stated and am getting moved on each workout is this ok? Do I need to get form checked? As like everyone I suppose, I think my form is good.
Hi Stephen, the form check it is suggested before reaching advanced setxreps because if your form it is wrong you have already developed a bad habit and you need to rebuild it again.
I second Alessandro here. What you think you’re doing and what you’re actually doing is not always the same. A form check us definetely the best way to go to ensure that your form is on point
Il get form checked after my next lower body workout thanks