This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE2 IM & headstand check

Started by Fiona Silk, December 2, 2017 · 2 Replies · 56 Views

Fiona Silk

Hi all,

My first form check video. 

Firstly, my shoulder extension is diabolical. Help! I am nowhere near 90 (which is the pass level, I think?). There is some serious work that needs to be done and I would really appreciate some advice beyond doing it more. Would German Hangs help? Or even putting the stick through the rings and leaning down, so there's some resistance? Otherwise I will be stuck at this level for the forseeable future!

Oh - there are 3.75kg on the bar. Happy to film with no weight but that seemed like a reasonable amount.

Secondly, figured I may as well film my headstand at the same time to get some feedback.

Thanking you in advance!

Fi

Bas Albinus

I started with a dowel w/o added weight and a grip slightly wider than shoulder width to get a little more ROM for starters. 
Than I started adding weight - but I'm still nowhere near 90 degr. and shoulder wide grip ;)
Amongst other stretches seated shoulder extensions help to get more ROM.
 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Fiona Silk,

As @Bas Albinus said, try to decrease the weight first and widen your grip and build strength from there. Also working on the Foundations and Thoracic Bridge Stretch Course will greatly help in getting a better shoulder extension. Your attempt is not that bad compared to mine years before.