This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing single leg pike & Vertical lunge bend

Started by Foti Pourgoutzidis, November 30, 2017 · 3 Replies · 99 Views

Foti Pourgoutzidis

Hi all,

 

Just started with the foundation and stretch series this week, and I'm coming across some real beginner issues. I'm very stiff, and I find that I can't get into the required position for anything that requires me to put my shin flat against the wall.

When I attempt the Standing Single Leg Pike or the Vertical Lunge Bend, my quads and hips are too tight and I can't even get into position. The closest thing I can do is to put my lower leg at an angle to the wall, rather than directly against it then get into position - but this hurts my toes shortly after.

I'd be very grateful if you could advise on an alteration to these stretches to enable me to reach the point where I can perform them as intended.

 

Thanks!!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Foti, you can simply reduce the compression of the knee into the wall. On the floor exercise you will have the knee on the floor a bit far from the wall, same thing for the standing pike position.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi Foti, use a mat, a cushion or something soft between your foot and the wall to don t hurt it.

Antonio Alías Montoya

I do the same than you, I keep my knee as far as necessary to keep ppt and good glute engangment. Don t try to go too fast in your way to the wall, it s better to keep ppt here. You can post a check form in case of doubt.