As I progress through F1, I have been using 1 set of mastery from each previous progressions as warm ups. For example, If I am on PE4, I do 1 set each (with mobility) of PE1, PE2 & PE3. However, as I reach higher progressions, on core and upper body days there can be as many as 12-15 sets of warm ups if all 3 exercises are included. Should I cut down the warm ups to perhaps just the previous progression? For example, just do PE3 as a warm up if I am on PE4. Or should I continue as I have been? I like the idea of touching on each movement once a week. However, I may be taking a little fuel out of the tank during warm ups that could be used towards completing progressions. Your thoughts?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
WARM UPS
Started by JAY ROACH, November 28, 2017 · 3 Replies · 168 Views
Hi Jay,
Look at this thread, I've been questioning a lot on warm-ups too.
Thank you, Etienne.
From the course material: Warming Up
QuoteWarm up with two to three sets of higher reps of exercises which you have already mastered.
Choose from among the following rep schemes; 21/15/9 or 21/15 or 15/9.
For example if you were working Parallel Bar Dips (HBP/PE6), you might choose to warm up with HBP/PE1 for 15 reps, before completing a set of Bench Dips (HBP/PE4) for 9 reps. Note that your ability with the particular HBP/PE which you select should match the prescribed warmup repetition range you have chosen.
Note also that the rate of perceived exertion (RPE) on these warm up sets should only be moderate at best. If you are working hard, you have selected preparatory elements which are too challenging to be used for warm up sets.
Do not spend exorbitant amounts of time and effort warming up for your day’s workout; 5-10 minutes is plenty.