This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE4

Started by Ryan Segervall, November 28, 2017 · 5 Replies · 127 Views

Ryan Segervall

I am yet to find this exercise challenging in any way, and I feel as if I already have the required shoulder flexion for this. The most I feel is a very light stretch on my pec minor during a couple of sets, but most of the time there isnt much to be felt. Hardest part for me is working on PPT and breathing mechanics. 

 Here I am using 7.5lbs for 5x30s.

 

I have three questions

1) am I doing this correctly?

2) should I increase weight used? 

3) Should I hang out here until shoulder extension catches up or progress onwards to PE5? 

 

Thanks!

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ryan Segervall,

Make sure you lock and extend your arms completely. Do not add more weight since you are having a hard time with 7.5lbs (maybe go back to 5lbs and fix the form). Yes you need to focus on this drill and master it before moving onwards to PE5 for both PE and iM. I hope this helps. Doing this along with your Thoracic Bridge Stretch Course will help a lot.

Ryan Segervall

@Leo Trinidad

 

Thank you for your advice, Ive dialed it back to 5lbs. I will submit another form check this week

Ryan Segervall

 Trying to keep shoulders shrugged and elbows locked out here. How does this look? @Leo Trinidad

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ryan Segervall,

Looks a lot better and more solid. Keep up the good work man. :)

Alessandro Mainente

Wonderful flat ribs here!!! jealous!!