This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE 2

Started by Ryan Segervall, November 28, 2017 · 12 Replies · 222 Views

Ryan Segervall

So this is my second attempt at 3x24r. My guess is im rocking too much and my hips are too flexed but I wanted to get some feedback from the coaches.

 

Let me know what I can do differently to improve this. 

 

Thank!

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ryan Segervall,

Yes you are rocking too much. Make sure to point your toes downwards too. To improve this make sure to initiate the rock from the core and not from the hips. Make sure not to rock too much and always point your feet. I hope this helps.

Ryan Segervall

 @Leo Trinidad I am still struggling a bit on the technique here. Trying to rock less but also find it hard to completely eliminate movement in hip flexors and knee extensors. 

Less rock more rock? do better in general? ;) 

 

let me know how I can improve. Im going to dial it back to 4x12  until I really figure this technique out. 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ryan Segervall,
 

Pull your heels closer to your bum. The reason why you are having a hard time with your rock is that you have extended your legs too much and you are close enough to a full hollow body. A simple adjustment is crucial in making an exercise harder or easier. I hope this helps. I hope this helps.

Ryan Segervall
6 minutes ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Ryan Segervall,
 

Pull your heels closer to your bum. The reason why you are having a hard time with your rock is that you have extended your legs too much and you are close enough to a full hollow body. A simple adjustment is crucial in making an exercise harder or easier. I hope this helps. I hope this helps.

 thanks @Leo Trinidad this was todays attempt. Still some hip movement going on. ill keep working on it

Ryan Segervall

@Leo Trinidad   Trying to keep heels closer in. This is where im at so far, how else can I improve? 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work Ryan.

Leo Trinidad

Awesome Ryan! don't relax those arms. :)

Ryan Segervall

thanks for the help! @Leo Trinidad @Alessandro Mainente

Ryan Segervall

I think this PE is going to be in constant refinement for the next forever :) I just did 4x24 and thought I did really good but then I looked at the video and cant say it looked all that great. Last set especially. 

 

Let me know any feedback you have. 

 

Also any tips on breathing for this? I tend to breath out as I rock forward and in as I rock back in short quick burst but didnt know if theirs a better way to go about it. 

Petra Kmecová

Same step, same struggle here ... and I’m also curious about breathing through these ... I myself don’t breathe in and out at every rep ... it’s more natural for me to breathe slowly ... something like 3 reps in, 3 reps out ... but I’m more than open to any tips how to improve technique :-)

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ryan Segervall,

Don't be too hard on yourself. You are doing great. As for the breathing, try exhaling when you rock forward. :)

Ryan Segervall
On 1/18/2018 at 9:03 AM, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Ryan Segervall,

Don't be too hard on yourself. You are doing great. As for the breathing, try exhaling when you rock forward. :)

Thanks @Leo Trinidad I'll keep cranking away