This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL PE 2

Started by Ryan Segervall, November 28, 2017 · 6 Replies · 125 Views

Ryan Segervall

 This was 4x60's on this PE. The PE feels good IM is so so. 

My traps tend to get on fire during those IM sets and sometimes I need to stop the set and shake things out. Also, I will add it become quite difficult to breath with the set up I have, getting better at it but sometimes I feel like im going to pass our haha. Over all the IM seems to be improving but still feel like theres a bit of work to be done. 

 

Let me know how I can improve! 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ryan Segervall,

Looking solid on the PE. As for the iM, I suggest that you review it. The opening of the hip should be one movement and not kick out straight and then fan the leg out. I hope this helps. Keep up the good work.

Garry Barker

HI @Ryan Segervall

I also use to get a burning in my traps (and a headache for some reason) anyway I got this info from Alessandro which I found interesting.

''Your traps actually work a lot in order to stabilise the twisting of the spine''

I mistakenly did 5 x 15r on IM3 but this made the next progression quite easy.

Also I did all the IM's at a slower pace than the follow along videos (I practised these by themselves at times)  but I found that when moving to the next progression the first couple of times felt a bit awkward but afterwards I got through them quite quickly (with form checks).

Hope this helps.

Ryan Segervall

past couple weeks have been full of progress. Here is 5x60s and the IM is feeling lots better! 

Let me know how this looks

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Ryan,

Way to get after it. Keep working on maintaining your protraction even as you get tired. On your iM keep working on elevating your feet more as you extend your legs. Can you also upload of video of your iM from the side?

Ryan Segervall

 

here is my attempt at mastery 5x60s and a second angle on my IM. Let me know how this is looking and if and When I should progress onwards to PE3

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Ryan Segervall,

You don't have to film your whole mastery set. Just submit your last set in both PE and iM. I would say that keep this in your warmup and move to the next progression. Just a couple of things; for your PE, make sure that you do not bend your knees. (this happens when you focus too much on protraction) On your iM, it seems that your left leg is extending higher than your right leg every time. (this used to happen to me before and using the mirror helped me a lot). I hope this helps.