Straps move

Started by Crimsoncross, March 26, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,758 Views

Crimsoncross

When I put my rings higher than maybe 5'5" and attempt to open up like if I'm going to do a cross, the part of the straps that are hanging from the bar I set up slide to the sides.

This is no big deal, if I lower them a few inches this doesn't happen. But I'm scared that when I eventually get to handstands on the rings, they may slide and then you know what.

What I have is one of those bars they use to put on bathrooms and things like that, I didn't use hooks or something where it stays stationary because I obviously wanted to be changing the width for different types of exercises.

So my question is, does the height the rings are at determine whether the straps will slide or not?

Razz

Yes it's pure physics.. but just take some tape or something across your bar at the width you want or wrap some towels around it.. that should prevent it from sliding.

Seiji

I don't understand your setup :/

Razz probably answered your question anyways :P

Joshua Naterman

There's an easier way than tape or whatever. Take your rings off of whatever they hang on. put the strap through the buckle so that you've got a big loop. Now, grab the strap about a foot from the end, so that you've got a loop sticking out your fist. put that loop over the bar or whatever you hang your rings off of and then run the ring through it. If you pull the ring and the strap attached to the ring through, it should be like a slip knot that cinches down on the bar. If you're careful about where you put the buckle they will still be easily adjustable but will not slip out on you. Also, when you want to change width, it's easy. You just take the tension off and loosen the strap around the bar a little, and it'll slide real easy. Then you put tension back on and it "locks" in place!