This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Backpain

Started by Janno Rillo, November 27, 2017 · 1 Replies · 88 Views

Janno Rillo

Hi,

Already for several months months I have been struggling with dull pain in my lower back. Some days it’s better, some days more recognizable, though nothing serious. I haven’t had any back injuries before and I can’t recall also anything recently. Though, I had a little knee problem for couple of years which was a month ago fixed with meniscus surgery (recovering very well). After that I had a little uncomfortable feeling close to my tailbone (I had probably developed a slight muscular inbalance due to my knee issue), which was fixed by chiropractor and it seems to be unrelated with this topic. Overall I’m one of those few lucky ones who very seldom in their life have had any back issues.

Today I’m 38y and weighting 90kg (a few kg lighter than before). I’ve been following GB for more than a year now and prior to that doing couple of years bodyweight and kettlebell training + running and mountain-biking, and being active for whole life. Beside F7 I’ve also followed FS stretching course, which I stopped some time ago and replaced with a shorter daily mobility sessions (squats, hips, calfs, cat-gow, etc). From F7, definitely the biggest improvement has happened in different Core exercises. And despite FL still being my weakest chain in the link in terms of GB progressions (still on PE1), I feel that I’m able to create so much more tension in my core, that I’m returning back to earlier progressions again and start with higher quality there. So, my core is stronger than ever and in general I’m much more flexible as well (also my lower back). And here comes my point. I feel that I haven’t progressed with equal speed for all the bodyparts (my core has developed much faster than my back, although in GB progressions my RC is better than FL). My posture is visually much better and more upright, but also the lumbar curve has a more straight line (before I had a notable lordosis due to tight hip flexors, which had disappeare already some time ago) and I feel that this is where my backpain is coming from. What is your recommendation on what to do with such dysbalance or how to proceed? I think 'back stability' is the correct word that I'm currently lacking.

Thanks

Everett Carroll

Hey Janno,

Please visit a doctor for your back pain. This is not something we can diagnose or treat over the forum. Avoid any movements that irritate it and get a professional opinion. 

It's awesome to hear about your progress in other areas and I hope you understand our position here.