This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Inverted cat - formcheck

Started by Petra Kmecová, November 26, 2017 · 7 Replies · 208 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hello,

am i doing this ok?

And ... as I am doing this daily, but don’t always have access to ball and stallbars ... is this good substitute? Foam roller and some light weights I have at my parents house where I spend some days a week.

Thanks :-)

 

Mikey Cunanan

 

Hey @Petra Kmecová

For the first variation with the stability ball, the ball will need to be placed higher up towards your shoulders. Then lower your hips towards the ground.

When doing the second foam roller variation, try using a single weight (such as a weighted bar). Then work to keep your ribs pulled down towards your spine to prevent excessive spinal flexion. The goal is to feel it in the shoulders.

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Mikey Cunanan. I’ll do my best to correct my form during this week and then post another formcheck.

Have a nice day :-)

Darwin Jose
On 11/26/2017 at 10:35 AM, Mikey Cunanan said:

 

Hey @Petra Kmecová

For the first variation with the stability ball, the ball will need to be placed higher up towards your shoulders. Then lower your hips towards the ground.

When doing the second foam roller variation, try using a single weight (such as a weighted bar). Then work to keep your ribs pulled down towards your spine to prevent excessive spinal flexion. The goal is to feel it in the shoulders.

Hi Mikey, I do not own a Swiss ball but I do have a foam roller to perform this variation. What is the main difference between these two variations? Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
On 26/11/2017 at 3:13 PM, Petra Kmecová said:

Hello,

am i doing this ok?

And ... as I am doing this daily, but don’t always have access to ball and stallbars ... is this good substitute? Foam roller and some light weights I have at my parents house where I spend some days a week.

Thanks :-)

 

Please Petra...i'm saying PLease...inflate this ball! the more it is without air the less is useful ;-)

Petra Kmecová

Heh thanks Alessandro... This is really old topic, but your info is ( as always) very useful. 

These days, I'm doing this stretch almost daily on foam roller, because swiss ball started to be dangerous around the house with two playfull girls. 

@Darwin Jose had a good question about differences between those two variation... Can you please answer it?... I'm curious myself... 

Mikey Cunanan
On 7/12/2018 at 11:56 AM, Darwin Jose said:

Hi Mikey, I do not own a Swiss ball but I do have a foam roller to perform this variation. What is the main difference between these two variations? Thanks

Hi @Darwin Jose @Petra Kmecová

 

The larger corcumference of the Swiss ball allows you to lower your hips further to open your Thoracic spine to a greater degree.

with a foam roller, you can target specifically shoulder flexion, but there is not enough room to allow for Thoracic extension.

Darwin Jose

Thanks Mikey!