This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic band pulls - formchecks

Started by Petra Kmecová, November 26, 2017 · 4 Replies · 107 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hi, once again...

and here comes the real struggle. Those two exercises are killing me.

Supine band pulls: 

Is it ok to lift or bent legs like I am doing in the videos? I just can’t keep the on the ground and stallbars are too low to hook them comfortably. Or do you suggest any other technique? Until I’m finished with 10 reps of those I’m crushed like after whole core workout!!!

 

Prone band pull:

Here is the video:

And question:

Are my hamstrings supposed to be killing me? :-D

Thanks

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Petra,

Nice job on your band pulls. And yes, they are really tough.

For your supine band pulls. You can do these bent kneed for the time being. Just be sure to scoot closer to the stall bars when you do. Overtime you will be able to straighten your knees while pressing the soles of your feet against The bottom rung.

On your probe thoracic band pulls, yes your hamstrings will feel it for sure. You may want to think about using a heavier band for this progression ya help pull you up into a deeper stretch.

 

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Mikey Cunanan on this one as well :-).

Tom Durham

Hey Petra, I might be wrong as I’m just learning these too, but I think for the prone band pulls, coach says to place your hands behind your ears rather than straight arms.  That might take a little pressure off you hamstrings?

Petra Kmecová
8 hours ago, Tom Durham said:

Hey Petra, I might be wrong as I’m just learning these too, but I think for the prone band pulls, coach says to place your hands behind your ears rather than straight arms.  That might take a little pressure off you hamstrings?

I’ll gove it a go and see. It’s been some time sonce I used follow along videos for stretching.