This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder extension walk - formcheck, question

Started by Petra Kmecová, November 26, 2017 · 3 Replies · 113 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hello everybody,

this is one rep of my shoulder extension walk form:

How does it look?

And also ... 

Is my core supposed to be screaming from burning? ... :-D. Seriously, the face you see me making has nothing to do with what is happening in my shoulders ... it’s my core.

And one more question about static hold of supine sh.extension: should core, glutes and guads be engaged in PPT? Or can I let them relax?

Thanks a lot.

Everett Carroll

Hey Sarah,

1. Looks good from this angle. Can we get a view from the back as well? Please also be sure your videos are set as private. On Vimeo, you may need to password protect your videos and provide it to us in your post. 

2. A tired core from these is common at first.

3. For the static hold, you can relax into the stretch. Just be sure that, as you go deeper into the stretch ad become more flexible, your lower back begins to touch the ground before your middle and upper back. The same as in the walks. 

 

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Everett Carroll.

Sorry for the videos not being private, I’ll correct that. I don’t like using vimeo in first place, but sometimes I have troubles uploadong to ytb ... don’t know why :-(. Vimeo works alway. 

 

And next time, I’ll post a formcheck from backside view.

Thanks a lot!

Jennifer Marie

Oh yes, my core screams from this one too! And from the banded curls in this series because my stall bar doesn't have a bar low enough to hook my toes. I don't mind since it seems the core can never be strong enough!