This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vertical frog impingement

Started by Christopher Hancox, November 25, 2017 · 1 Replies · 94 Views

Christopher Hancox

Whilst doing middle split series today, I noticed that I couldn't get the usual groin stretch during frog and frog rocks. I found there was an impingement feeling in the back of my hip. It would get worse with PPT and almost disappeared with APT.

Questions are:

What causes this?

Why has it happened?

What can I do to stop it happening again?

Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Christopher, Impingement occurs for healthy people approximately near the 180° of the split. if you have a particular hip structure then impingement can show early in the split development. if you do not have abnormal hip (and a Pt can give you some information) then it a normal posterior hips capsule. a full release of it took me years of work.