This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PROGRESSING PAST FOUNDATION 1

Started by JAY ROACH, November 23, 2017 · 3 Replies · 247 Views

JAY ROACH

I began foundation-1 on 1/1/17 (at age 48) and today 11/23/17 completed mastery of SLS PE5. My progress for the other movements is as follows:

FL PE2 STEP7

SL PE4 STEP6

MN PE2 STEP6

HBP PE3 STEP3

RC PE2 STEP5

SPL PE5 STEP5

I also started handstand-1 on 2/1/17 and have progressed as follows:

WP SE1 STEP3

FKP SE1 STEP3

WR SE1 STEP3

FTP SE1 STEP3

HS PE3 STEP4

I only provide the above for reference to answer the folioing question: Having completed the Foundation-1 portion of the SLS progressions, should I begin Foundation-2 SLS or wait for mastery of at least one (or more) of the remaining elements? I ask in light of very limited progression in the RC, FL, and MN movements. It took me until October to master RC PE1 and MN PE1. It took me until July to complete FL PE1. 

I would like to start Foundation-2 SLS but feel that I may never progress past F1 for some of the elements. Your thoughts?

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Jay,

Great work so far. Some of the progressions are tough and takes a lot of time as your building your work capacity and basic strength. Once you completed F1 for a certain element, there is no reason to put your progress on hold. Begin with F2 for this element while you keep working on the other F1 progressions. It's completely normal to progress faster on some elements :) 

Please keep us posted on how you're doing with your training :) 

JAY ROACH

Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

 

Jason Guitreau

I just purchased the complete series because I find myself in the same boat. I may never get out of f1 on some elements but the SLS seams much easier to progress in. Maybe because I could already do a SLS with a weight to help my lack of mobility.