This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE2

Started by Giulio Michelusi, November 23, 2017 · 5 Replies · 86 Views

Giulio Michelusi

It's a long time  I've been working on this one but I've not seen any progress. For months same reps and same sets...any suggestion? Thank you! 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi Giulio, wait for a coach suggestion but from what I see you are piking your hips. You must keep PPT in your hips. Did you passed a check form of PE 1? This is a hard one, specially until one get aware about how to keep Posterior Pelvic Tilt. PE 2 will be much harder for you if you really didn t master pe 1 with correct form. And yet will be pretty hard. Many of us are in the same boat. I ve "regressed" many times as i kept improving my form. There s a long way of perfecting with push ups!

Antonio Alías Montoya

What I do is watching and reading absolutely every push up check form published in this forum. That s the only way to learn without a coach at your side.

Giulio Michelusi

Ok! Thank you! What I most fear is that I only train this skill for so long time I lose strenght in other basic exercise, or lose muscular mass...what do you think about that?

Thank you

Mikey Cunanan

@Giulio Michelusi

Antonio is correct about the posterior pelvic tilt suggestion. You can do this by keeping your legs straight and extended throughout the entire push up.

Also, I’m noticing that you have a tendancy to roll your shoulders forward as you lower into the bottom part of the push up. Work on keeping your shoulder blades depressed away from your ears.

This progression is tough. Just work hard and stay with it. 

Antonio Alías Montoya
1 hour ago, Giulio Michelusi said:

Ok! Thank you! What I most fear is that I only train this skill for so long time I lose strenght in other basic exercise, or lose muscular mass...what do you think about that?

Thank you

I guess you mean losing strenght in other pushing exercise, like for example dips. That would happen if you are already pretty strong (beginner terms). Even if that s your case, the strenght you may loose will come back duplicated in the medium term. Nevertheless Coach Sommer has stated that we can keep one only set of dips and chin ups after our Foundation workout if one so wish.

My opinion is you don t need it unless you are already pretty strong. 

About your second question. You are definetely going to ADD muscular mass with good form push ups!