This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bridge Work - elevated bridge issues

Started by Chris Sanders, November 20, 2017 · 4 Replies · 149 Views

Chris Sanders

Hi, 

My shoulder/thoracic flexibility is awful but very slowly improving through the use of the stretch series however I get frustrated because I cannot do some of the later exercises in the series at all. The main example is the elevated bridge, as soon as I raise my feet even a little I cannot push off the floor at all, I am not sure if this is a thoracic flexibility issue or a weakness in the arms, any tips on intermediate exercises/stretches would be great, thanks.

 

Chris

Luke Searra

Hello Chris,

Thank you for reaching out. It is very likely a combination of both lack of thoracic mobility as well as a strength deficit. You are free to post a video of some of the stretch series movements, including this one so that our forum coaches can you understand which.

Alessandro Mainente

hey Chris, GB offers the Thoracic Bridge course which is the best resource in order to develop bridge. the course has a follow along video and also a section with a scaled version of the most of the exercises.

Frank Santasiero

Chris, Luke is right, most likely a combination of both strength and mobility. Can you do handstand push-ups if you use a wall for balance. If so then strength may not be the main issue.

Chris Sanders

Thanks Luke, I'll try and film some tomorrow, any particular exercises I should go for? Frank, definitely not, only partial range.

Chris