This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE5 Back roll part

Started by Alessandro Pantanella, November 20, 2017 · 5 Replies · 93 Views

Alessandro Pantanella

Hi guys,

I use Deck Squats as a warm up for my more advanced SLS elements.

I feel like I have no issues squatting down but sometimes when I roll back my lower back is not properly arched but rater too flat and the roll is not smooth.

This doesn't happen all the time. When I roll to stand up my back is nice and round and the roll smooth.

I noticed the flat back yesterday as I was training Movement. This video is from a different exercise but it shows exactly my issue.

If I manage to I'll post one with me doing deck squats.

 

Thanks,

Ale

https://youtu.be/sXhwM_LvK98

 

Luke Searra

Alessandro,

If possible please post a video of your deck squat so we can see the straighter back entry and the rounder back exit to help you better and more specifically.

Alessandro Pantanella

Hi Luke,

just filmed this, hope it helps.

Thanks

 

Alessandro Pantanella

Bump

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Alessandro Pantanella,

Your deck squats could be refined and the bent body hollow rocks can also help with this. How is your Jefferson Curls?

Alessandro Pantanella

Hi Leo,

I'll shoot a JC video as soon as I manage to but I think it should be solid. Had it checked by Coach few years back at a seminar and built it to 90lb. I reduced it to 40 after few months of forced break.

I do have some issues with hip flexors tightness that I'm trying to solve. Can't do hollow rocks without back pain yet. In the last year I've slowly been learning how to use transversus.

I guess my core issues are related to the poor roundness of my back as I roll. I've noticed that if I get in a PPT just before squatting down that helps but not sure what part of the abs I should use to round my back.

I feel like I may need to use more of the upper abs to round it.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks