This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake shoulder - formcheck and question

Started by Petra Kmecová, November 20, 2017 · 4 Replies · 105 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hi everybody, 

while I was doing this exercise today, I realized that I don’t really feel the strech anywhere in my legs, just on the side of my body - side with stretched arm. It feels very very good, I’m just not sure I’m doing it right. 

Thanks for your opinions ... 

Here is the video:

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Petra,

Your form looks good so there's no need to worry. It just means that the muscles on the side of your body are tighter in this position than the legs. Keep up the good work!

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner. Will do!

Alessandro Mainente

In fact, the side pancake should hit primarily the obliques and the lower back muscles. the side bend I can say it is probably one of the few exercises which stretch the lower back. working on the sagittal plane it is the only way when a pike fold does not give substantial stretch.

Petra Kmecová

Seems like I’m feeling it in right places after all! And it feels ssooooo good :-) Thanks Alessandro!