Hi,
Does corn count as a vegetable? I'm talking corn-on-the-cob or corn kernels. What about peas? Maybe I'm just used to diets that considered these more as starch, so I wanted to check ![]()
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Rebecca Williams, November 19, 2017 · 1 Replies · 56 Views
Hi,
Does corn count as a vegetable? I'm talking corn-on-the-cob or corn kernels. What about peas? Maybe I'm just used to diets that considered these more as starch, so I wanted to check ![]()
Thanks!
Hi Rebecca,
Great questions!
Peas and corn are considered vegetables. They do however contain starch, so I'd label them as starchy vegetables. They are not as energy dense as other starches such as potatoes. You may perfectly fine vary the use of veggies for your dinner, but I would limit the quantities of starchy vegetables in favor for the other ones listed in the course