Seal Walks Ankle position?

Started by Mikko Paavola, November 17, 2017 · 4 Replies · 2,502 Views

Mikko Paavola

Hi everybody.

Been wondering is there any benefits or drawbacks how you positioning your ankles when you do seal walks? I prefer pointed toes so your feet are turned over when i coach my students and some other coaches says that you can't turn your feet over but don't tell why you can't.. Any help? Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Hi MIkko, the weight should be primarily on the shoulders and the rest of the weight must be on the instep with the heels touching. this position makes the slide easier.

Mikko Paavola

Hi,

that part is clear. I'm just wondering is there any difference between pointed toes or toes flexed on the slider? If that makes any sense?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Mikko,

I recommend pointing your toes as it will force you to rely on the shoulders for support. Doing so will better prepare your core and shoulders for more advanced strength.

Mikko Paavola
17 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Mikko,

I recommend pointing your toes as it will force you to rely on the shoulders for support. Doing so will better prepare your core and shoulders for more advanced strength.

Thanks and will do.