First try, and it ain't look pretty. What should I start fixing? I thought the non supporting shoulder would end up higher and tried to compensate for it, but I clearly overshoot...
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Guido Franchetti, November 16, 2017 · 12 Replies · 157 Views
First try, and it ain't look pretty. What should I start fixing? I thought the non supporting shoulder would end up higher and tried to compensate for it, but I clearly overshoot...
Hi @Guido Franchetti,
It is clear that your right side is better. As much as possible try not to tilt on one side. You can widen your legs a bit more for more stability. Your left side lacks protraction. Keep working on it and make sure to use the previous elements (shrugs, planks) as warmup before doing this.
Thanks Leo, will do as you suggest.
Is this any better, particularly on the left side?
Hi Guido,
Definitely much better, solid.
Thanks Tanya
Hello! Does it look like I can move to PE5?
For the iM I know that I have less flexion range in my left leg. It is the result of a knee fracture, I keep working on it but it is going to be a long process.
Hi Guido, the IM needs refinement. please look the picture below. the
figure on the right in the top shows the correct execution, where the knee is not moved during the knee extension. this means that the hips extension is zero.
in the bottom figure on the right you can see that the knee is raised compared to the starting position, this means that some hips extension is done. and this is wrong. you are doing the exercise in this way.
Keep it up Guido!
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Hi Guido, the IM needs refinement. please look the picture below. the
figure on the right in the top shows the correct execution, where the knee is not moved during the knee extension. this means that the hips extension is zero.
in the bottom figure on the right you can see that the knee is raised compared to the starting position, this means that some hips extension is done. and this is wrong. you are doing the exercise in this way.
Ciao Alessandro! Thanks for the feedback. I cannot see the pictures, but I think I understand what you mean. I was probably trying to keep my pelvis lifted from the chair to make the exercise "harder", but of course picked up some hip extension in doing so. I'll try to do it again keeping my body in a single horizontal plane and post again.
3 hours ago, Guido Franchetti said:Ciao Alessandro! Thanks for the feedback. I cannot see the pictures, but I think I understand what you mean. I was probably trying to keep my pelvis lifted from the chair to make the exercise "harder", but of course picked up some hip extension in doing so. I'll try to do it again keeping my body in a single horizontal plane and post again.
I tried to correct the iM, how does it look now? (It may be just slightly below horizontal now - the chair is not really flat and it's hard to stay perfectly horizontal)
You're headed in the right direction, Guido. As you bend your leg, try not to let your knees drop towards the floor. Try to keep them at the same elevation during your set. Keep up the good work!