This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 impressions

Started by Johan Hägg, November 12, 2017 · 12 Replies · 330 Views

Johan Hägg

Im disappointed.

i came in to F1 with, as I thought, pretty decent strength. I’ve got to a point where slow bar muscleups is pretty easy, where I’m able to hang +15 kgs on my ring muscleups. Pull-ups and push-up-variations gets worked on a daily basis.

i picked up F1, eager to begin. Almost laughed at first RC-mastery progression, but worked up to it using too easy-smiley. As I also did on the rest of the workouts. Felt confident that the first mastery was mine by default. 

But what happened? The first RC-mastery crushed me :D. 

...and I loved every minute of it.

So I’m disappointed. Not in the foundations. But on myself for not starting this foundation-journey before.

thank you for a great program and a huge thank you for this humbling experience!

im going to get strong but this time I’m using the right tools. Your tools.

Pauline Taube

Thanks for sharing your experience, Johan. A lot of us started of with the same attitude, but it's important to remember that you are no stronger than your weakest link :) keep working on those basics and share your progress with us :D

Leigh Kettle

I was the same with the same thoughts about my strength levels  . I'm actually the weakest "body like stone" weakling there is 

love it though

its about time I found out 

good luck my friend 

leigh 

Thomas Nordman

Haha @Johan Hägg, that could have been me posting a year and a half ago. At that time I had a big hope that I could work through the progressions in good pace and reach the final ones within 2-3 years. Little did I know. :facepalm: Swallowing my pride I now really love working the basics and I'm really enjoying the process of rebuilding everything from scratch. There is no hurry anymore - slow but steady. I'm so glad I found this place! :)

Thanks y'all!

Mikey Cunanan

Johan,

Welcome to the GB community! I agree, GymnasticBodies has a habit of helping people start off their journey the right way. With a beginner's mentality. 

Please keep us posted on the awesome strength and mobility gains that await you!

Johan Hägg

@Pauline Taube i am, very much indeed, enjoying this program. Humbling yes, but thats a good thing!

@Leigh Kettle its a humbling experience and im no longer afraid of loosing strength :) thank you my friend! Good luck to you too!

Johan Hägg

@Thomas Nordman I’m agreeing with you 100%! Like you I’m really enjoying this! 5x15 or 5x60 secs is no joke and every step up is an achievement! Let’s get strong together!

Johan Hägg

@Mikey Cunanan thank you very much! This program is a gamechanger for me!

sure thing! I will!

Mikey Cunanan

@Johan Hägg

Glad to hear :) Looking forward to it!

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Johan Hägg,

Welcome and thank you so much for sharing your experience. Your mentality towards training will bring you to a different level. Can't wait to see more of your progress. :)

Jin Liu

It's pretty rare to see someone so strong yet so humble. The sky is your limit! :)

 

Johan Hägg

@Leo Trinidad Thanks alot! I’ll see where this journey takes me. I think I viewed training a bit childish before, like wanting everything right away ignoring much in between. Now, thanks to foundation I have a whole new way to look at my training and development. I’m enjoying the journey now!

Johan Hägg

@Jin Liu thank you for those words my friend, means alot to me! Lets get strong together!