First attempts today. Nice exercise, not too easy or too hard. @Alessandro Mainente
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Petri Widsten, November 12, 2017 · 11 Replies · 242 Views
First attempts today. Nice exercise, not too easy or too hard. @Alessandro Mainente
Nice attempt, BUT if you want to work in function of the future hspu development the head should be put a bit in front of the hands and not in between the hands. you can clearly see this details from the course video.
5 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Nice attempt, BUT if you want to work in function of the future hspu development the head should be put a bit in front of the hands and not in between the hands. you can clearly see this details from the course video.
Thanks for the feedback, Alessandro. I was thinking of mixing in a few reps with stomach facing the stall bars (and with a forward roll exit). It would be easier to put the head a bit forward of the hands that way around. I could then also try to keep PPT. Is this a good idea?
Putting the head forward requires more anterior shoulder and triceps strength. if the head goes inside it requires more lateral delt strength. working facing the wall or stall it is a good idea in order to emulate the free hs pattern.
On 14/11/2017 at 12:47 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:Putting the head forward requires more anterior shoulder and triceps strength. if the head goes inside it requires more lateral delt strength. working facing the wall or stall it is a good idea in order to emulate the free hs pattern.
How do these look - my first and last reps today? Bodyline needs work?
Now I like them!
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Now I like them!
Good to hear, thanks. Every other session instead of the negatives I train elevated box hespu that I'll keep progressing till it becomes 5x5 box hspu. I think I'll also keep the head between hands version, even if it is just to build up my lateral delts :-).
Petri, out of interest, did you find Russian dip to Russian L-sit dip to be much of a progression? I've just started the latter, and they're murder on the triceps! Curious to hear about your experience.
4 hours ago, Nick Murray said:Petri, out of interest, did you find Russian dip to Russian L-sit dip to be much of a progression? I've just started the latter, and they're murder on the triceps! Curious to hear about your experience.
Nick, yes they're much harder. It's just difficult to hold the legs horizontal. I'm going back to them but only after regular Russian dips are very easy. I think I have pretty good form for those now but they still take too much effort. No big deal, these dips are a permanent part of my training anyway so there's no rush.
My suggestion when mastered when standard Russian dips to move over a modified variation where you perform the eccentric part with the upper body as much vertical as possible and the concentric part as a normal Russian dip.
On 13/11/2017 at 12:47 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:Putting the head forward requires more anterior shoulder and triceps strength. if the head goes inside it requires more lateral delt strength. working facing the wall or stall it is a good idea in order to emulate the free hs pattern.
hey alex for the HSPU with elevated floor in the video the athlete is back isto the wall do we keep the head forward o in the middle ?
In the middle. the detail about the head forward it is reserved to the free hs PE and how to emulate it into the wall.