This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

The beginning of a very long journey

Started by Tobias Karlsson, November 10, 2017 · 2 Replies · 127 Views

Tobias Karlsson

I have just started HS2 and for me it is easiest to have a thread where I post my stuff. Mostly so I can go back and find motivation in how far I have managed to come.

 

This shows my first stumbling steps on this workout. For the mobility part I think my main problem now (besides bad mobility) is that Im afraid of the stall bars to break from my weight :P It makes a lot of sound :P

 

As always very happy for suggestions. 

Pauline Taube

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your submission.

On the PE, try moving your hands slightly closer to the stall bar. Also make sure that your scapula is fully protracted at all times. 

For your iM, use an overhand grip. This feels so much safer, and as you get more familiar with the exercise you will feel more confident to lean further into the stretch :) I'm pretty sure the stall bars can handle your weight, if you're in doubt i suggest placing some mats below your head ;) 

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Jennifer Marie

I"m with you Tobias! I wasn't sure if the stall bars would hold me on that iM, and then I wasn't sure my grip would hold. My second session is this evening.

Are those your lifters in the background? Much like getting a barbell overhead, we have to build the confidence that we won't crack our skulls open, doing what the coach has prescribed. Trust the process. :)