This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pancake walk bounce circle question

Started by Joachim Hecht, November 10, 2017 · 11 Replies · 172 Views

Joachim Hecht

Hey guys, 

I just read Daniels post here:

 mentioned. pancake reps worked fine so far. now as I continue the series bounces, walks and circles come up. How should I manage to do those? does it even make sense to do them with bent legs? should i skip them until a pancake with straight legs? 

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Joachim,

Try to do a light variation of these with bent legs. Feel free to submit a video of your attempt. If this is still feeling uncomfortable, you can put this on hold until your flexibility improves :) 

Joachim Hecht

Thanks Pauline, i'll give it a try and let you know about it :) 

Joachim Hecht

Little question came up: should i touch the floor or a surface which is at the same level as the chair i'm sitting on? Video will follow :) 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Joachim Hecht,

Yes try same level or lower. We are waiting for the video. Goodluck.

Joachim Hecht

Okay then, 

I'm a bit nervous... first youtube experience and first video upload here :D 

The first video is about my normal pancake. I filmed both straight and bent legs. What do you think about it? I felt better in the bent version.

 

Joachim Hecht

Second video is about my circles etc. I placed the pillows i a 45 ° angle. I hope you see enough of my body in the video. Didn't find the perfect spot for the videos yet. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Joachim , on the bent leg variation you need to increase the knee extension. with bent I mean knee extended up to 160-170 degrees.

Joachim Hecht

Okay, I'm adjusting that! What about the circles etc.? :) 

Joachim Hecht

And should I continue with the bent variation or switch to the straight one?

Jin Liu
56 minutes ago, Joachim Hecht said:

Okay, I'm adjusting that! What about the circles etc.? :) 

Just my thoughts, if your knees are slightly bent in regular pancake, do the same in the circles. Basically legs don't need to be re-adjusted when you move from one pancake variation to another.

Not sure if it's the video angle, are your legs less spread out in the circles than in the regular pancake? If so, try to split them more (to the same degree as in the regular pancake) and get the stretch in the groin as well. 

Joachim Hecht

Thanks Jin! Spread was the same :) actually i didn‘t like to change between the excercise but maybe in generell from bent to straight?