This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lower back tightness/throbbing after middle split stretching

Started by Neema Fotoohi, November 9, 2017 · 4 Replies · 161 Views

Neema Fotoohi

I've been focusing on getting the full middle splits again. Been stretching consistently for a few months now.

Something I've noticed is after I'm done stretching the middle splits, my lower back has this tightening/throbbing sensation. Anyone else have this same thing happen to them?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Neema, the side split requires a superior lower back mobility. this reflects your problem.

Jennifer Marie

My lower back doesn't throb, but it does get tight and sore during this workout. I break up that long stretch of pancake movements (bounces, walks, etc) with extra butterflies, or even a couple of yoga twists to loosen up and make my lower back happy. My hope is that eventually I'll not need those "breaks". I think mine is not just lower back, but chronically tight hamstrings adding to the achy party, so the front split series is my friend too.

Neema Fotoohi
On 11/9/2017 at 10:00 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Neema, the side split requires a superior lower back mobility. this reflects your problem.

I was referring to middle splits, not the side splits but this is good to know.

But let me ask you,what makes you believe you need superior lower back mobility for side splits?

Alessandro Mainente

We are referring to the same thing. the ability to reach the full middle split depends also on the possibility of the pelvic to roll outward in the anterior pelvic tilt. if not the upper leg extremity will pinch in the hip socket. if fact you will never see a full middle split with a vertical upper body with a posterior pelvic tilt. well, I remember that, during one of my course about the application of joints physiology to mobility, that one person told me that the middle split with PPT it is possible. I still waiting to see one demonstration of that since 2015.

in this photo, you can clearly see what I mean.

c0e5d4b80d93f3ea8033fb50e12ba566--hip-fl