Hey guys
Just started getting into Jefferson Curls. Would like a form check as I progress through MN PE2. I’ve found this movement to be an awesome warm-up before a long surf - thanks for keeping me in the water!
Dan
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Daniel Lawrie, November 8, 2017 · 8 Replies · 119 Views
Hey guys
Just started getting into Jefferson Curls. Would like a form check as I progress through MN PE2. I’ve found this movement to be an awesome warm-up before a long surf - thanks for keeping me in the water!
Dan
Hey Daniel, the exercise has a good tempo and you got perfectly the idea of rolling and enrolling the spine BUT you need to hold the bar closer to the body as much as you can, you are allowed to move it forward only if you have to pass over the feet.
Thanks for the feedback Alessandro! I’ll make sure I keep the bar close to my body and post a progress vid in a few weeks.
Well done Daniel, we will be waiting for your next video, so don't forget ![]()
Hey Guys,
Here's a progress vid on my Jefferson Curl - currently curling at 12.5kg, and have been for a few months. Can I up this weight if I feel comfortable?
Can I get some feedback on my straddle ups aswell. This was an extra set I performed after the required 5 x 15 reps.
Let me know what I need to improve on to achieve mastery for both elements.
Cheers!
Jefferson Curl -
Straddle Ups -
Nice progress! Feel free to increase the weight of the J. Curls now. Just make sure they still feel easy, even with the added weight.
Keep your quads engaged during the straddle ups and feel free to allow your head/neck to relax and touch the mat between each rep.
Overall, nice work.
Appreciate the feedback @Everett Carroll
Would you say I still need a few weeks on this to prove mastery?
Yes definitely. please notice that when you reach the floor with the hands, your legs have already begun the eccentric part. on the other side when hands reach the floor you should be at the highest point with the feet.
Thanks @Alessandro Mainente
I'll bear this in mind and give you guys an update