This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about wall handstand

Started by Sara Ortlip, November 7, 2017 · 4 Replies · 160 Views

Sara Ortlip

Hi, In the 30 second wall handstand it lists the number of reps and sets. I’m confused...for example, in PE7 it says four sets, should I be doing four sets of 30 second wall handstands or should I be doing four sets of 24seconds? Also, is this staying away from the wall as much as possible  or staying connected to the wall?

~Sara 

Jeremy Huston

5 sets of 30 seconds is the mastery standard. If your workout schedule shows 4 x 24s do 4 sets of 24 seconds. 

This is a wall handstand, so use the wall for balance. You are working on strength, endurance, and your line. Balance will come later. 

Sara Ortlip

Oh good to know! I’ve been accidentally overachieving:).  Thank you. 

Mikey Cunanan

@Sara Ortlip

When in a wall handstand, it's helpful to use the wall more as a guide than for support. The goal is to feel your weight centered directly over the center of your palm, using the wall as a light assist.

The most efficient way to do so is to press strongly through your shoulders with straight arms. imagine trying to squeeze your ears tight with your shoulders. Maintain a tight hollow core and extend all the way up to the toes. :)

 

Sara Ortlip

Thank you so much. I’m glad I’ve been doing just that.