Functional Hypertrophy by CP

Started by Razz, March 24, 2010 · 5 Replies · 3,043 Views

Hewi

I wish i had known this and about advanced bodyweight training 5 years ago, i'd be damn much stronger than what i'm now :D

Altough i am glad i'm only 19, i have good 20 years and more trying to get strong :)

marktb68

One the most effective hypertrophy programs I have ever used is the Russian bear by Pavel. you do this:

Pick a weight you can 5 reps with, after the 5 rest 5 mins, reduce the weight 10%, do another 5, rest 30-60 seconds, reduce the weight again 10% and do another 5. Stick with this weight, resting 30-60 secs and continue til you cannot do 5 reps. I've developed pretty good weight room strength and mass with this method.

Mark

Razz

I like Poliquins idea of 1RM dropsets.. 1rep 1RM then 1 rep 90% or so.. cool and different way to do dropsets that doesn't seem to be so popular but I know poliquin recommends it in his principles of strength training.

Alvaro

What type of muscular fiber does gymnastic training devolope more? type II?

braindx
omegant said:
What type of muscular fiber does gymnastic training devolope more? type II?

Both... because there is significant time under tenson during routines unlike mostly type II fibers if we were trying to develop pure strength/power.