This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 (60s) + iM

Started by Petra Kmecová, November 5, 2017 · 16 Replies · 174 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hello,

how is this looking? I’ve decided to restart HS (been on PE5 previously), because I’ve never posted a formcheck and I think (ok I know :-D) I rushed though those first progressions ...

As for tripod - 5*60s is ok for me with this form.

About mobility - I’m not sure.

Nice sunday to all of you and thanks :-)

Pauline Taube

Nice work, Petra. 

Solid work on the PE. On the iM you are showing a nice degree of lean. How is your grip width? Would you mind posting a video from a back view? 

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Pauline Taube.

I would not mind ... ;-) here it is:

 

Pauline Taube

Very nice mobility, Petra. My only comment would be keep working on the hollow while holding in this position. Awesome work :) 

Garry Barker

Hi @Pauline Taube

Sorry to gatecrash this form check

Just a question on the IM which I've been struggling with getting my arms pulled back with a narrow grip which seems impossible at the moment.

Ive noticed Petra's arms are inline with her body pointing at an angle does this pass for mastery or do the arm need to be pulled back so they are straight pointing up towards the ceiling?

Thank you.

Leo Trinidad

Hi Garry,

Its need to be pulled back and open the shoulders more. It will take time to master the narrow grip. Just jeep refining the form. Continuous work on this mobility along with the other shoulder mobility of foundation series and handstand one and also the thoracic bridge stretch series. 

Garry Barker

Ok thanks Leo will keep at it

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Pauline Taube and also @Leo Trinidad.

With all written above, what should be my next step for PE and iM?

Can I move to headstand ... coz 5*60s tripod feels reasonably easy to me and keep working on iM1 along with iM2?

Or should I not move?

As for iM itself ... should I widen my grip so I can pull back and open my shoulders more or should I work it with grip as in the video and try to open it bit by bit?

Thanks for the consult

Leo Trinidad

Hi Petra,

You can still refine your tripod. You can pull your heels closer to your butt and be able to straighten your torso a bit more. While working on the iM, you can also work on refining the PE. I used to skip elements even though I haven't fully mastered the exercise but end up coming back to it after hitting plateau. 

You may also move to PE2 and make your tripod a warmup as you improve the form even more and master the iM. Either way, my suggestion is to continue to refine your form because making it better will help a lot when you are in the more advanced progressions. I hope this helps.

Petra Kmecová

Thank you @Leo Trinidad.

I’m in no hurry ... This in fact is my HS restart. :-)

I’ll stay on PE1 for next few weeks and post a formcheck later this month :-).

What would you suggest for iM? Should I widen my grip to be able to pull back and open more? Or should I use this grip and push it slowly bit by bit?

Thanks a lot 

Leo Trinidad

Yes widen the grip until you are comfortable and strong enough for a closer grip.

Petra Kmecová

Hi @Leo Trinidad.

What do you think about my tripod? I tried to push my heels closer to butt, as you suggested.

And I also worked on your iM tips. I widened the grip and tried to open more. Is this ok? 

 

thanks :-)

Petra Kmecová

Any tips before today’s evening session? ... thx

Leo Trinidad

Looks a lot better @Petra Kmecová. If you want to refine it more then i suggest to move your knees a bit forward towards your shoulder and it will make your torso upright. As for your mobility, just make sure that you are on an even grip. Looks like your are tilting a bit sideways from the camera angle.

Petra Kmecová

Thank you @Leo Trinidad very much. I’ll try to apply all your suggestions today and in my next workouts. 

Petra Kmecová

This is the form I managed to train with today: 

It felt easy, so I clicked easy smiley face, but will continue to work on iM. My plan is to train headstand + iM2 + iM1 and keep mastery set of tripod in a warm up.

hope this is a good idea ... :-)

Leo Trinidad

Yes good call @Petra Kmecová :)