This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fear of falling backwards

Started by Christopher Thompson, November 4, 2017 · 2 Replies · 127 Views

Christopher Thompson

Greetings!

I have been progressing through HS1 and have reached the 60r Wall HS Run.  As I look ahead through the course library I am concerned that i am quickly approaching exercises that may be limited not my by strength or mobility, but by a discomfort in the idea of falling over the top.  If this does not show itself in the next stage with the wrist wall handstands, than I certainly anticipate it being an issue with the forearm supported HS.

Any suggestions for supplemental exercises I can put in now to begin working past this, so that it is less of an issue once I am able to progress forward?

Thank you for your advice!

Pauline Taube

Hi Christopher,

You can start practicing to cartwheel out of a handstand when you are doing handstands against the wall. Once you get used to this it will be less scary to begin the forearm supported HS :) 

Jeremy Huston

I used to do forward rolls out of my handstands, but that doesn't work very well on hard surfaces. Cartwheel is good just about everywhere.