This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

2 squats 2 pike formcheck

Started by Petra Kmecová, November 3, 2017 · 3 Replies · 124 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hi everybody,

lately I’ve been doing those in my daily limber / warm up, so I’ve better have them checked.

Does it look OK?

Thanks a lot.

 

Mark Schoenhard

Reaching the hands behind the feet or even placing the fingers on the floor behind the feet will increase compression and and improve the excellent mobility you have in the knees and ankles.  Nice tempo.

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Mark Schoenhard.

I’m not sure I fully understand.

Do you mean reaching the hands behind my feet in squat position, or in both?

For pike, I choose to perform it with ATP, coz I do have little low back issues from time to time.

Reaching behind my feet is with ATP impossible for me. In squat thougt, it’s doable.

 

Alessandro Mainente

The ability to reach with the ATP depends also on physical structure. From my point of view, you need to reach behind you while trying to elongate yourself on the floor. the mistake here it is to try only the compression.