This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rotator Cuff Rehab Prehab

Started by Craig Fawbert, November 3, 2017 · 11 Replies · 137 Views

Craig Fawbert

Before purchasing fundamentals I seen one of your ads relating to rotator cuff rehab and prehab. As I have a resent issue with my rotator cuff I am interested in viewing this video and working on the points mentioned before I proceed to far with my training. Is there a link to this video?

Everett Carroll

Hi Craig,

I'm not 100% sure which video you're talking about. Where did you see it?

Also, have you seen a doctor about your rotator cuff issue?

Craig Fawbert

I have seen a physio who recommended some rest the some excercise with light dumbells. It is a recurrence of an old injury. Just a bit of a tweek this time. I am now looking at a way to build mobility and balanced strength to prevent future injury. 

The video is watched was a gymnastic bodies advert on Facebook .

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Craig Fawbert,

Good call on resting and slowly building up mobility. If you can share the link of the video we can easily help you more on recommendation and scalability of the said exercise.

Craig Fawbert

Hi Leo,

Since I watched the video on the advert on Facebook I have not been able to find it in Gymnastic bodies. The video included the use of physio band to increase strength in the shoulder girdle and rear delt I think.

Craig Fawbert

Hi Everett, this was not the video, however this video looks really good and should be able to help me.

thanks

Craig

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Craig, before giving you a correct suggestion you need to understand the reason of the rotator cuff pain. generally bad shoulder posture it is the major cause, now I'm going to show you how many are the causes:

-tight pec major

-tight pec minor

-tight latissimus dorsi

-tight rotator cuff on external rotator portion

-tight rotator cuff in the internal rotation part

-tight abs

-tight anterior delt and bicep

-and more.

Now from behind a monitor it is impossible to give you a correct suggestion. your PT must say you what it is the cause.

Craig Fawbert

Thanks Alessandro. Yes I have bad posture/ rounded shoulders. I have had physio work done to loosen up my pec major and minor, bicep, anterior delt and rotator cuff areas. My lats and abs seem to be ok.

is there any other basic rehab excercise and stretches other than the ones Everett posted that I should work on?

Alessandro Mainente

The banded mobility work should be done in your case with back to the wall and all the back (from upper to lower) in contact with it. then stretch out the band at the shoulder and also 45° degrees above your head.

Craig Fawbert

Thanks Alessandro.

Thanks for the link Daniel, the article you have linked is also very good and I am sure will be a great help as the other information posted by Everett and Alesdandro. The article I saw showed footage of the last photo on the link of the guy with the tattoos .

Thanks

Craig