This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Anterior tibialis/pike stretch.

Started by Christopher Hancox, November 2, 2017 · 2 Replies · 104 Views

Christopher Hancox

Hi,

I have been focusing on trying to increase my pike flexibility. I have had no noticeable progress in 6months. Can't even touch my toes.

On the last two front split sessions I have noticed a small soft bump in the middle of my anterior tibialis muscle along with a dull ache around the same area. Looks like a muscle herniation. Going to see a physio on Tuesday and have stopped all lower body work till diagnosis.

How can work on the posterior chain cause symptoms in the anterior lower leg?

Everett Carroll

Hmmm, this is interesting Christopher. Sorry to hear about it. Please let us know what your physio says. The beginning of the series stretches that area pretty intensely so that may be part of what is irritating it, even though you aren't feeling it until those later positions. An in-person diagnosis is essential for this one, though. Let's keep this thread running.

Christopher Hancox

I have now been to see a physio as well as a doctor.

Physio said he has never seen anything like it in his 20years of physiotherapy. Nerve tethering and hernia were possible causes, but couldn't be sure with any certainty.

Doctor wasn't sure so has arranged an ultrasound to have a better look.

I will keep this updated once the ultrasound results are back.