This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 Form Check

Started by Mathew Simenc, November 1, 2017 · 5 Replies · 63 Views

Mathew Simenc

 

Here's my recent MN/PE1 practice.

Note: I have four fused lumbar and three fused cervical vertebrae. On my tuck ups, I am not trying to bring my legs as close to my chest as possible per my physical therapist's recommendation.

 

I have been on MN/PE1 for over a year and would like to move on. Please critique form! Thanks in advance.

Matt

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Mathew,

Your tuck ups look good. Nice work!

On your iM it looks like you need to spread your feet apart a little bit more. This shouldn't be a big adjustment. When you do this exercise, do you feel the stretch more through the spine or in the back of the legs?

 

Mathew Simenc

Thanks Jeffrey, I tried again today with my feet spread more during the iM and I felt it much more in my legs. Especially on the behind the knee of the leg on the opposite side of my body as the arm holding the weight. I took another video and will upload it when I get a better internet connection.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Mathew,

It sounds like you made a good adjustment. I'm looking forward to seeing the video.

Mathew Simenc

Hey Jeffrey, here's an update! To me, my arm looks sometimes not directly above my shoulder during the iM.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Mathew,

Great improvement! Your tuck ups look good. Solid improvement on your iM! You are doing a good job of keeping the weight over top of your shoulder on your right side, but on your left the weight tends to drift behind you. As you stand up, engage your core muscles to keep your ribs from flaring out. Also make sure that your knees are completely straight at the bottom of each rep.

You're doing a good job, keep it up!