This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle Planche iM (SAC 1&2)

Started by Julian Stephens, November 1, 2017 · 5 Replies · 144 Views

Julian Stephens

Hey all,

 I have a couple of questions regarding a certain Straddle Planche Strength Exercise.  Firstly, I was wondering what sPL SE6>iM or “SAC 1” stands for? Is SAC an anagram, or is the exercise simply called SAC? 

Second, what is the difference between SAC 1 (sPL SE6>iM) and SAC 2 (sPL SE7>iM)? Based on the videos, it appears SAC 1 is about “pulling” into maximal standing hip abduction for reps and SAC 2 appears to be about holding maximal standing hip abduction for time, however the mastery conditions for SAC 2 describes a 5r effort, not a timed hold. 

 If anyone could provide some insight to help clarify these curiosities I would be appreciative  

Thanks for your time.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Julian SAC stands for the gymnast that Coach Sommer seen doing this variation.

We are going to update this mistake!

 

Julian Stephens

Thanks for the reply and clarification Alessandro. 

Kai Ewert

FYI, my notes (must be from before the website update?) say 10 s holds for SAC2...

Mats Trane

It was the gymnast Alicia Sacramone. Therefore the name Sac.

Kai Ewert

That's it, I couldn't recall the name. Thanks Mats. Here is Coach's original comment confirming: