This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straight Arm Planche is better then my Bent Arm

Started by Luke Crumb, October 31, 2017 · 8 Replies · 210 Views

Luke Crumb

Hello,

I have an odd problem, which I am only concerned about because I think it might be symptomatic of lack of preparedness for future progressions.  Correctly I am at sPL/SE3 5x30s for my straight arm planche, but I struggle with sPL/SE1>iM 5x10s (I feel it more in my Chest).

Any ideas of something I can do to correct this issue, it has been going on for a few months, my Straight Arm improves, but my Bent Arm does not.

Thank you!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Luke,

Can you upload a video of yourself doing sPL/SE1>iM. Providing us with a visual will help us to give you better suggestions to help you improve.

Luke Crumb

Thank you!

I will work on an video, however, her is an image: 

Also, it calls me a free member, but I bought a few products, do I need to get that changed?

Bent Arm.jpg

Everett Carroll

Hey Luke,

No, the free member tag shouldn't affect your private forum access. 

In addition to Jeffrey's request, I'd like to add that you should hold off on training more advanced strength elements until this iM has caught up. In other words, let's be sure to let your mobility catch up before furthering your sPL strength. Looking forward to the video!

Luke Crumb

Sounds good, does this help?  It just feels really Heavy when I am doing Bent Arm.  I am 5'11.5" 193lb.  So, I am not exactly ideal for the Planche.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

It sounds heavy due to the great work on bicep and chest.

DO not allow the shinbone to collapse inside.

Kai Ewert

@Alessandro Mainente are you saying don't let the feet get closer together than the knees?

Everett Carroll

Exactly Kai.

Luke Crumb

Thank you, so keep my shins in line with my knees and keep working sPL/SE1>iM.