This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1, HS1 + stretch : questions

Started by Fiona Silk, October 29, 2017 · 4 Replies · 253 Views

Fiona Silk

Hi all,

I'm doing F1 and HS1, and so far they are happily coexisting. I would like to work on one of the stretch courses alongside, and think thoracic bridge would be the best one (I have terrible stiff shoulders and figured it would also compliment HS1).

I have two questions:

1. How long per day can I expect to spend on the Thoracic Bridge program?

2. How many times a week is the optimum amount to do it?

3. What equipment do I need? 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Fi

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Fiona, simple questions, and simple answers:

-thoracic bridge it is done once a week;

-you can spend daily work on one/two poses which evolves very tight tissues

-you basically need a floor, a stall bar and a couple of bungees.

Fiona Silk

Thanks Alessandro!

How long does that weekly session take? And why only once a week? I thought little and often was good for stretching?

Can I use furniture or something instead of stall bars?

 And I guess those resistance bands from the physio will do - like flat rubber bands?

Thanks again!

Pauline Taube

Hi Fiona.

the Stretch series takes about 45minutes to complete. These series are intense and your should not stretch hard everyday. You can do limbering exercises daily in order to keep supple (from the Fundamentals or Stretch series).

There are many alternatives such as furniture you may use as a substitute instead of stall bars for the TB series. 

Coach Sommer recommend to use different resistance of bungee cords. You can read about students using different alternative resistance bands on the thread on the link below 

Leigh Kettle

Hey fi how are you ? 

i can send you a link on the recommended bands for the thoracic series 

i strongly recommend you use this thoraci bridge series if you suffer from tight shoulders etc . My shoulder flexion and extension and general thoracic mobility were stone like and I'm already seeing massive gains here with the programme as you may have seen over on insta :) 

hope you well 

leigh