This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2>iM: Jefferson curl with spinal fusion

Started by Mathew Simenc, October 29, 2017 · 1 Replies · 68 Views

Mathew Simenc

I need to post a form check but for MN/PE1...but I've been on it for over a year and am pretty close to mastery I think. I looked at MN/PE2 and gave it a try, and I would like to know what you all think about MN/PE2>iM for someone with a spinal fusion. I have four fused lumbar vertebrae and three fused cervical. My physical therapist said to be cautious with Jefferson curl. I feel ok after my first Jefferson curl practice with a light bar, maybe 30 pounds. But I am physically unable to do it properly, i.e. bend at each vertebral joint one at a time. Do you think this exercise worth doing for me? With my limitations am I unable to get the exercise's benefit?

 

Thanks everybody

Matt

Pauline Taube

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reaching out. 

First off, I think 30 lbs is too much to start off with. Begin with a dowel, ensure your form then add 5lbs and increase gradually.

Please submit a form check of your PE1 and jefferson curls :)